MX-Greenscreen is a part of MX-ONLINE LIMITED.
Collection of Information
When you access and use the Web Site, our web server automatically collects certain technical information ("Technical Information") about your visit to the Web Site, including your Internet Protocol (IP) address, referring IP address, the internet browser and the operating system used by you, and information on what web pages on the Web Site are accessed or used by you. In addition, if you have set up an Account (see below) and are signed in, the keywords you use to search for products are collected and may be matched with your Personal Information, as defined below.
If you wish to access and use certain information, material, products and services offered by MX-Greenscreen, including those offered on or through the Web Site or catalogues published by MX-Greenscreen, MX-Greenscreen will require that you set up an account ("an "Account") with MX-Greenscreen and provide certain information about yourself ("Personal Information"). In setting up your Account, MX-Greenscreen may require that you provide some or all of the following Personal Information: your full name, mailing address (including postal or ZIP code), e-mail address, employer, job title and department, telephone and facsimile numbers, user name and password. In addition to the information above, if you wish to purchase products or services, MX-Greenscreen will require your credit card number and associated information, or if billing to a purchase order account, any financial information necessary to be approved for account. MX-Greenscreen may also receive and collect information about you from other parties, including the third party vendors featured on the Web Site and from companies that operate a transactional database.
Warning: Other Web Sites
Use and Disclosure of Information
MX-Greenscreen operates in various jurisdictions around the world, either virtually or through a local office or through an affiliate or subsidiary (each affiliate or subsidiary hereinafter referred to as an "Affiliate" and collectively as "Affiliates"), and in the course of its business operations will transfer or share information from one jurisdiction to another between its various offices or among its Affiliates. MX-Greenscreen and its Affiliates may also store and process information in a jurisdiction other than the jurisdiction in which the information was collected. You acknowledge and agree that Technical and Personal Information may be transferred or shared from one jurisdiction to another between MX-Greenscreen offices and among MX-Greenscreen Affiliates and that such information may be stored and processed by MX-Greenscreen and its Affiliates in a jurisdiction other than the jurisdiction in which the information is collected, including, without limitation, in Canada, the United States and the countries comprising the European Union.
The information that is collected, stored and processed in the course of its business operations is used for a number of purposes, including processing the transactions you engage in with or through MX-Greenscreen, providing customer service to you, communicating with you, informing you of or providing updates or upgrades to products or services, customizing and facilitating your use of the Web Site, improving, modifying or developing products and services, and marketing, including direct marketing of products and services offered by or through MX-Greenscreen (including those of third parties) through the distribution (by e-mail or otherwise) of catalogues, advertisements or other publications to you. MX-Greenscreen will also use Technical and Personal Information about you and aggregate it with Technical and Personal Information about others, such that no person is individually identifiable. MX-Greenscreen will then use this aggregated information for web site analysis, product or service analysis, statistical analysis, or marketing and promotional purposes. Information about you is important to our business and we are not in the business of selling your information to others. The information that is collected, stored and processed by MX-Greenscreen will only be disclosed to other parties in the circumstances outlined below.
- Affiliates. Information will be disclosed to Affiliates as described above.
- Transactional Databases. Your Personal Information may be provided to one or more transactional database companies that log your purchase history and share such information with other persons that provide similar information to the transactional database. A number of companies such as Abacus, a division of DoubleClick Inc., offer transactional database services and we invite you to visit the www.abacus-direct.com web site and follow the link under the heading "Transactional Database" to find out more information about transactional databases. Please note that if you do not want your Personal Information to be shared with one or more transactional database companies, you may instruct MX-Greenscreen not to disclose your Personal Information to such parties by contacting MX-Greenscreen as set out below in the Contact Us section and indicating your preference not to have your Personal Information disclosed to such parties.
- Agents. Information will be disclosed to a person that MX-Greenscreen is satisfied has been authorized by you to receive information. Information will also be disclosed to agents of MX-Greenscreen such as a company hired to deliver packages on behalf of MX-Greenscreen and a company hired by MX-Greenscreen to provide list processing services to assist MX-Greenscreen in the mailing of its catalogues. Agents of MX-Greenscreen will only be given access to information required by them in order to perform the services on behalf of MX-Greenscreen.
- Collection Agencies. Information about you will be disclosed to a collection agency if amounts owing by you to MX-Greenscreen are not paid within the agreed upon time or such other time as MX-Greenscreen decides is appropriate, acting reasonably.
- Disclosure for Legal Purposes. MX-Greenscreen will disclose information about you if required to do so by law, court order or as requested by any other government or law enforcement authority. MX-Greenscreen will also disclose information about you where MX-Greenscreen, acting reasonably, believes that such disclosure is necessary or advisable, including when MX-Greenscreen has reason to believe that the safety of MX-Greenscreen employees, customers or others is at risk, or if disclosure of such information is necessary or advisable to identify, contact or bring legal action against someone who may be causing interference with MX-Greenscreen's rights or properties, whether intentionally or otherwise, or when anyone else could be harmed in such activities.
- Sale of the Business. MX-Greenscreen will disclose information about you to a purchaser in the unlikely event that MX-Greenscreen sells all or a part of its business or if MX-Greenscreen is acquired by, or merged with, another entity.
- With Your Consent. With your prior consent, MX-Greenscreen may disclose information about you in situations other than as provided above.
When you visit the Web Site, we place a "cookie" on the hard drive of your computer to track your visit. A cookie is a small data file that is transferred to your hard drive through your web browser that can only be read by the web site that placed the cookie on your hard drive. The cookie functions similarly to an identification card and allows the Web Site to identify you and to record your passwords and preferences. The cookie allows MX-Greenscreen to track your visit to the Web Site so that MX-Greenscreen can better understand your use of the Web Site and your interest in the goods and services provided therein so that MX-Greenscreen can customize and tailor the Web Site to better meet your needs. For a detailed description of what a "cookie" is, refer to this definition on the TechTarget web site.
Most web browsers are set to accept cookies. However, on most web browsers you may change this setting to have your web browser either: (1) notify you prior to a web site placing a cookie on your hard drive so that you can decide whether or not to accept the cookie; or (2) automatically prevent the placing of a cookie on your hard drive. It should be noted that if cookies are not accepted, you will not be able to access a number of web pages.
If you choose not to accept the cookies placed on your hard drive by MX-Greenscreen, you will not be able to access a number of web pages found on the Web Site.
MX-Greenscreen endeavors to provide a secure environment in which you can provide and obtain access to information about you. MX-Greenscreen has security measures in place to prevent the modification, misuse, loss or misappropriation of information about you, including the provision of a secure environment in which the information is stored and controlling access to such information by parties external to MX-Greenscreen. One such security measure used by MX-Greenscreen is assigning you a user identification and password upon setting up an Account with MX-Greenscreen. You acknowledge and agree that the user identification provided by MX-Greenscreen to you so that you may access, utilize or otherwise enjoy the Web Site and the password selected by and used by you in conjunction with the user identification to access, utilize or otherwise enjoy the Web Site are to be kept secret and confidential. You shall not disclose the user identification or password to any other party without the express written permission of MX-Greenscreen. You further acknowledge and agree that you will be responsible for each and every access, use or enjoyment of the products or services and of the content that occurs in conjunction with the password and user identification given to you by MX-Greenscreen, and that MX-Greenscreen is authorized to accept the user identification and password as conclusive evidence that you have accessed, utilized, or otherwise enjoyed the products or services or the content.
Changing or Updating Your Information or Your Privacy Preferences
You may, at any time, view or update all of your information stored in your Account, including your privacy preferences, by either logging into your Account on the Web Site and following the appropriate links or by contacting MX-Greenscreen directly as set out in the Contact Us section below. We ask that you review your Account information regularly to assist MX-Greenscreen in ensuring that your information remains accurate and up-to-date.
In some cases, MX-Greenscreen may not be able to provide you with all the information that it has collected about you. This would occur if provision of the information could lead to disclosure of another individual's personal information, where laws or regulations prevent disclosure, or where it would simply be too costly to provide the information such as a request to provide you with a detailed history of every web page on the Web Site visited by you. If MX-Greenscreen decides not to disclose some or all of the information collected about you, MX-Greenscreen will advise you of the reason.
Please note that if you do not want your Personal Information to be shared with one or more transactional database companies, you may instruct MX-Greenscreen not to disclose your Personal Information to such parties by contacting MX-Greenscreen as set out below in the Contact Us section and indicating your preference not to have your Personal Information disclosed to such parties.
Please further note that even if you delete or change your information stored by us, information about you will continue to be stored by us indefinitely and may be used and disclosed by us for the purposes set out under the headings "Affiliates", "Third Party Vendors", "Collection Agencies" and "Disclosure for Legal Purposes" under theUse and Disclosure of Information section above. Also, you should note that information may still be stored in places outside of our control such as in our agents', contractors', or third party suppliers' databases (including those being used for archival purposes) and transactional databases. In the event that you are having difficulties in reviewing or amending your information, please contact us directly as set out in the Contact Us section below.